Attended a food tasting session at Azur (Crowne Plaza Changi Airport) with the girls and some bloggers last week!
While waiting for the rest of the guests to arrive, we attacked their usual buffet spread first! Fidelis was going gaga over their oysters!
I loved the setting and cozy atmosphere in the restaurant.
We were there to taste their Chinese New Year festive buffet menu!
Of course, we started off with the traditional 'Lo Hei'! Besides being available for takeaway ($48+ / $68+) at the lobby lounge till 24th February 2013, the Yusheng will also be featured as part of the buffet spread!
Named "Three Treasures Yu Sheng", our Yusheng had all the additional special toppings including Sliced Abalone, Fresh Hokkigai Surf Clam, Meikajiki Toro (Swordfish Belly), Fresh Norwegian Salmon, and Yuzu Ginseng Dressing.
The vegetables are made to order, so you can be sure of the freshness! I personally liked the very yummy salmon! The bakkwa strips added in was a nice touch too.
Look at our huge pile of Yusheng, with a 'snake' on top to signify the new snake year!
Noticed how the chiense words above are mostly about wealth? Haha. Aiya, forgot to add "一本万利" too!
Then, the food came! These are some of the highlights of the festive buffet spread. So if you are heading there with your family for Reunion dinner, read on to find out which are the ones you should have multiple servings of. Haha! That's the good thing about buffet isn't it? You get to eat as many servings as you want if you like a particular dish.
* Rule 240 - Behind the un-understandable name, this drink went very well with the rest of the dishes. Dragonfruit juice, which represents the meaning "Bye Bye Dragon (year)"
* Treasures of the Ocean Seafood Soup with Fish Maw, Dried Scallops and Crabmeat
* Confit Salmon accompanied with Darjeeling Beurre Blanc Braised Sea Cucumber - My favourite dish of the night!
* Wok Fried Sea Prawns with Mixed Berries Infused with Margarine and Milk - I liked this so much I had 2 servings! Plump and yummy prawns!
* Baby Abalone with Superior “Conpoy” Gravy
* Fragrant Glutinous Rice with Pork Belly and Pork Lard - The presentation was extremely pretty!
* Desserts Trio of Chinese New Year Pastries: Mandarin Orange Mousse Lychee, Osmanthus Jello, Tempura Nian Kow - The mousse was so cute! We were told it was a mini version of the big one which customers can slice their own portion from the buffet spread. It was soft and yummy!
What a feast!
Afterwards, we had a birthday surprise for Jacelyn! Hehe. The durian cake was so good!
Had a great chat with the others over yummy food! Can't wait for the real reunion dinner next week with my family!
To order Yusheng for takeaway, call 68235367
To reserve a table for buffet, call 68235354
To enquire for private dining, call 68235338 or email to email@example.com
75 Airport Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Off-shoulder dress from www.lyraminn.com
Quote ESTXIE5 to receive 5% off in addition to another 10% if you join the mailing list.